- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and so you should check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
- When you visit our website, we’ll automatically collect certain information about the device you are using to access it. This will include information about the website browser you are using and the IP address of your internet connection. We may also identify your device with a unique, randomly generated, identifier.
- As you browse our website we’ll continue to collect information about the website pages that you look at during your visit, how long you visit them, and what links you click on each page. We may also record what keywords you used to locate our website and what third-party website referred you to our website.
- The information we collect about you is referred to as Device Information. It’s not personally identifiable to you (for example, we don’t collect or associate your name or address with this Device Information) and it’s not stored on our systems for any longer than we need to store it in order to allow you to use our website for the purposes in which it is intended.
- We collect Device Information from you using Cookies. These are small data files that are placed on the browser you use, on your device, to visit the website. Cookies often include an anonymous and unique identifier (so we know it’s your device).
- Certain cookies are placed on our website in order to make it work. For example, when you add items to the shopping basket/cart we need to store this information on a cookie. Where cookies we place on your computer are:
- Not identifiable to you as a living person, and
- Only placed in order to fulfil the inherent functions of an ecommerce website
we won’t ask for your permission before we place them.
- We may, from time to time, also collect information about your actions on the website and record those actions in log files. This data will include your IP address and may include the device that you are using, the browser that you are using, your internet service provider, and be attached to date and time stamps. We’ll only include this information for as long as necessary.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHASE OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
- When you use our website to make a purchase of one of the goods or services that we offer for sale, or when you register for an account on our website (without making a purchase) you may be asked to provide certain personal information about you.
- Such information we collect may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact information (like your telephone number or email address)
- Your date of birth
- When you make a purchase on our website you may also be asked to enter your credit or debit card details. You may be redirected to a ‘payment gateway’ website to enter your card details, or you might be asked to enter these directly onto our website.
- Your full credit or debit card details are never stored on any databases we hold. You may be asked if you want to ‘store’ your purchase information for faster checkout at a later date, where you do store this information the full card information is never stored on any databases we hold. Instead, we send the full information to our payment processor, who then sends back a secure ‘token’ which we then use to place future purchases. To help you identify stored cards, we may store the last 4 digits of the card, the type of card (e.g. Visa or MasterCard), and the expiry date.
Where you wish, you can always delete a stored card within your customer account.
- We call this data Personal Information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
- We use Device Information we collect in order to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, to improve and optimise our website (by generating data about how our customers browse and interact with our website), and to analyse the success of our marketing and other advertising campaigns.
- We use Personal Information that we collect to fulfill any order that you place and to communicate with you as one of our customers. We may also use this information to screen for potential risk and fraud.
- With your consent, we may, from time to time, provide you with information or advertising relating to the products and services that we provide.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
- We will share personal information and device information with third parties in their capacity as a data processor on our behalf. We’ll only share your information with third parties so far as they assist us with using your information.
- We may also share your personal information and device information in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or otherwise protect our rights.
RE-MARKETING AND BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
- We may, from time to time, share your device or personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe might be of interest to you. This may include sharing some of your information with third-party networks such as Google, Bing, or Facebook.
DO NOT TRACK
- Our website does not alter its data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
- If you are a resident of a country where the European Union’s GDPR is applicable, you have certain rights.
- To exercise your rights to access your data, receive a copy of that data, or to rectify a mistake, please contact us.
- For more information please contact us using the details below.
SECURITY / PCI COMPLIANCE
Brand Seller complies with PCI regulations governing the storing and handling of credit card and customer-sensitive materials.
All data captured via the website is encrypted with SSL encryption to pass it to our payment processors.
All credit card information is not stored at Brand Seller’s premises. Our staff does not have access to your credit card information.
Our payment processors are themselves PCI compliant.
Personal information will only be collected with your consent. Your personal information (which includes your name, address, and any other details you provide to us which identify you as an individual) will be processed by us.
We will use your information for the purpose of administering our relationship with you, such as; fulfilling orders placed by you; processing any other transactions authorised by you; informing you of special offers; undertaking product or customer research/development, and providing other marketing information to you which we think you may find of interest.
Brand Seller is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Brand Seller may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2021.
What we collect – we may collect the following information:
name and job title
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Brand Seller, PO Box 13056, Sawbridgeworth. CM21 1AW
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.